What you need to consider before window replacement
- Think about whether there is enough room for the window companies near me.
- Check the timing of noisy work in your home.
- Cover interior furnishings with protective sheeting to prevent fine dust from clogging the cracks.
- Protect the floor and lay cardboard sheets.
- Check the availability of electrical outlets in the rooms. If they are not, throw an extension cord to connect the necessary equipment.
- Do not schedule installation on the same day as other work, such as installing the kitchen.
- Be sure to discuss with the installation crew the sides of the opening. Ask any questions you have.
The main stages of installation.
- They are bringing in and setting up the equipment.
- Arrangement of the workplace.
- Inspection of door openings for readiness and compliance with the size of blades.
- Discussion with the customer about the opening sides and other possible features.
- Major works.
- We are unpacking materials and checking for completeness and the absence of defects.
- We are assembling the boxes and filing the height. Preparation and sawing of the dormers, if any.
- You are inserting fittings.
- Installation of the box unit by level in the opening.
- They are fixing the interior partition with self-tapping screws and foam.
- I am sawing platbands and fixing handles.
- They are cutting off excess foam and setting the platbands.
- Object delivery.
- It was showing the customer or the foreman.
- We are signing the act of completion.
- Stacking of equipment.
- Collection of material scraps.
- The vacuum cleaner collects wood dust from all surfaces.
- Take out the debris.
Installation time may increase if:
- The opening is unprepared. There is a need to reduce or expand.
- Working space is limited at the site.
- The height of the leaf needs to be filed.
- There is a transom, a mullion, non-standard boards, or a raised skirting.
- There are additional options, such as an intelligent threshold or a Fantom door stop.
As you can see, installers have to perform very few actions. On average, installing an ordinary interior door in an adequately prepared opening lasts 2 - 3 hours.
After installation, it is necessary to check the quality of the work performed by the specialist. But, first, let's deal with the points.
How to accept the work
If you treat the delivery-acceptance of the work carefully, you can prevent possible problems and ensure a long period of reliable interior door service.
Inspection of Appearance.
First, it is a visual inspection and evaluation of the installation on the level of like - dislike. You do not need to be a prominent expert; just look at the construction from all sides.
Next, look at the surface of the door leaf, frame, and trim. They should not have any damage, chips, scratches, dirt, or remnants of the installation foam.
We are checking all joints on the jambs and touching them for possible flaking.
Places of mortise of hinges and a lock look geometrically correct, neatly without scuffing.
Now we take a level and measure how precisely the horizontal-vertical position of the door was aligned. Again, there should not be any misalignment, even the slightest.
Checking the gaps
Between the leaf and the frame on the perimeter of the equal gaps of 3-4 mm.
At the bottom of the distance of 10-20 mm, unless agreed with the customer.
Checking the opening
- The door moves quickly, without touching the frame and the floor.
- When the door is ajar by 45 degrees, the sash is fixed in place. If in this position it starts to open or close on its own, the installation is not level.
- The handle has a smooth stroke, and the turn knob turns without difficulty.
- The closure is smooth and effortless.
- The locking tab clicks out.
- In the closed position, the seal is in tight contact with the entire leaf surface, nowhere protruding.
Documents when completing the installation
After accepting the installation, be sure to sign and keep the act of acceptance of the work performed. Many companies may deny a warranty in the absence of this document.
Features when accepting hidden doors
Invisible - this is the same interior door that needs rework. Therefore, we look at the same points and ignore the irregularities that will be painted / putty later.
Acceptance of sliding and folding partitions
The same parameters evaluate appearance, but the technical clearances and smoothness of movement depend on the opening mechanism and the presence of door closers.
The standard installation warranty is 12 months. During this period, you can safely contact the performer in the event of malfunctions such as the creaking of hinges or noise of the lock.
Interior doors: at what stage of the repair is it better to install them
Installation of interior doors - one of the mandatory stages of almost any repair. Door constructions function by zoning the space, providing good thermal and sound insulation, and creating a comfortable atmosphere in the apartment.
When to install interior doors during the repair? It is believed that the door units should be mounted at the final stage when almost all the finishing work is done because the purchase of door panels is often postponed to the very end of the repair.
Still, experts recommend beginning preparation for the installation of door units when you are at the beginning of the repair process. There are several reasons why it is worth following the advice of experts.
Choosing interior doors
If you make repairs in a new building with a flexible layout or significant renovation in the "old" apartment with a thorough redevelopment, then already at the design project stage, you and the designer determine what kind of design will be installed. This can be both conventional swinging units and sliding interior doors. Each of these varieties has its requirements for preparing openings, which should be considered when carrying out repair work.
The apartment in a new building is usually delivered with a free layout, often without any internal walls. And it is imperative to properly create openings of optimal width following the room's functionality.
If you are repairing a secondary housing, it is worth considering whether you are satisfied with the size and location of the existing aisles in the room because in the opening width of 60-70 cm is extremely difficult to make furniture or bulky equipment. It may make sense to widen the kitchen, bathroom, or living room doorway or move inaccessible openings.
Non-standard door openings: Should I adjust to standard sizes or not?
Apartments in older buildings and houses in the private sector often have doorways of non-standard height or width. During the repair of such housing, their owners face a choice: to adapt the openings for a typical design or order a non-standard door leaf.
In deciding this question, the following factors must be taken into account:
- non-standard sizes are made to order, and their delivery can take several weeks or even months;
- non-standard dimensions cost at least 30% more, and in some cases by 50% or even more;
- When manufacturing and installing door constructions of unique dimensions, the ergonomics, and safety of operation must be considered.
It is much easier and cheaper to adjust the non-standard openings to the dimensions of the standard units during the renovation. In this case, you can order the installation of interior doors of any design and color from those on the market without wasting effort, time, and money on ordering non-standard products.
Interior doors can be installed at any time of the year. The primary condition - at the time when the door units will be set, the room must be warm and dry. All the so-called "wet" repair work must be completed, including plastering and puttying the walls and ceiling, cement screed device, and pouring poured floors. Otherwise, installed door units may swell and deform.
The walls of openings must be aligned vertically, according to construction standards, and the maximum permissible deviation of the construction - is no more than 3 mm. Otherwise, the door unit will not be able to install correctly, which will violate the aesthetics of the interior.
Before buying door constructions, measuring the opening correctly is necessary. Mistakes at this stage can lead to additional financial costs, so it is best to use the services of professionals.
Do not forget that the door structures should adapt to the humidity and temperature conditions of the apartment or house. Therefore, before installation, it is advisable to leave them in the room for 1-2 days.
What will happen if the door units are installed at the beginning of the repair?
If the doors are installed at the beginning of the repair work, there is a significant risk that they will suffer from harmful external influences. For example, when you repair the room, applying plaster or putty, the room will be wet and dirty. Therefore, it is almost certain that the door structures will suffer from high humidity, and mortar splashes will contaminate the decorative coating if you do not use a particular protective layer of the product.
Artisans constantly move from room to room stairs and extensive tools during repair work. In this case, there is a high probability of accidental damage to the new sashes, and they may be left with scratches or dents. And hinging canvas before you fill the floor screed and flooring, you can not guess with the gap at the bottom, which will lead to the need to change the opening height and reinstall the door unit, so it opens and closes nicely.
Clean floor or door installation: which to do first?
Many people are concerned about when to put interior doors - before or after laying laminate, hardwood flooring, or ceramic tiles? It is better to install the door units after laying the final flooring - it will turn out beautiful and neat. And you also eliminate the risk of mistakes. After all, when installing, for example, tile, porcelain tile, or parquet, the height of the screed and the floor with finishing can be a few centimeters.
However, putting the door units and finishing the floor is not strictly prohibited by the door manufacturer's recommendations. In this case, it is only necessary to correctly calculate how much the base will rise after installing decorative floor covering. Do not forget that the gap between the floor and the floor should be 5-10 mm for the free functioning of the door structure.
We are finishing the walls or installing the door units: what to do first?
What to do first: glue wallpaper/paint the walls or install the door frames? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question, and here we must be guided by the situation.
If you have a new building, which is making a renovation, or a secondary building with redevelopment, the list of works necessarily includes alignment of the walls. In this case, glue wallpaper or paint the walls, then insert the door units. If you are afraid that the installation of doors will damage the finish coating the walls, you can put a box before finishing and the door leaf and trim mount after finishing work.
In the case of cosmetic repairs, the walls are not usually leveled, and then you need to install the door frame before finishing the trim. In this case, the masters can accurately drop the walls at the junction with the box so you can install the casing.
Laying tiles on the walls or installing doors: the correct sequence of work
Experts recommend installing the box first and then laying the tiles. Hanging the leaf and installing the trim are performed after finishing the walls with tile so that the door structure does not interfere with the execution of tiling works.
The advantages of such a sequence of works:
- there is no risk of damage to the cladding when installing the door frame;
- the decorative coating of the leaf is not damaged;
- the box serves as a kind of reference point for tile fitting.
If you decide to insert the door frame after laying the cladding on the walls, it is crucial to be meticulous installation work; otherwise, applied tiles can fall off and get damaged.
Sliding door systems: When to install them
Sliding door systems are now actively replacing the traditional hinged units. However, their installation is more complicated than hinged sashes and has peculiarities.
Systems with a rail-roller mechanism sliding along the wall are installed after finishing the walls and floor. The guides are mounted directly on the wall and closed with decorative strips. And if the room is decorated in the style of minimalism or loft, the mechanism is part of the decorative design and is exposed.
If the design project provides for the installation of doors that are pushed into the niche inside the wall, installing the cassette is performed at the stage of rough finishing of the premises. To do this, cut a place in an existing division or mount a false wall. Hanging the leaf and finishing the opening are carried out after finishing work.
Installation of Rotary Doors
Rotary structures are delivered with already embedded hardware and prepared slots for mounting the opening mechanism. Specialists recommend installing them after the finishing work is complete when the floor is laid, and the wallpaper is put up.
When installing the rotary constructions, the opening size must match the size of the door frame. Too big gaps and vertical or horizontal deflections will be a problem for the correct installation of the door construction. Therefore, even at the stage of rough finishing of the apartment should take care that the walls and floors should be perfectly flat.
Many people think replacing interior doors is the most difficult - they choose from various models, designs, shades, and types of opening. But the entry is not selected for one month, not for one year, or even for one decade of service. So here is an important point - the quality of the door leaf and the strength of the door frame. Well, an essential thing that will allow the door to serve long - is, of course, its proper installation. If you ignore that critical stage, on some days, you may notice that the frame is sagging, the latch doesn't match the hole, and the door closes with a stop.
Undoubtedly, the highest quality installation of interior doors can make only by professionals. And it is better if it is the firm's workers where you bought the door. After all - they are more familiar with the construction and the materials from which the entry is made. In addition, if there are any problems, they are much easier to solve with one company than with several.
So, you have chosen the model you like and ordered the door installation directly from the professionals. You should not hurry to invite them at once, right on the day of delivery of the leaf in the apartment. No matter how you would like to speed up the process and finally see the desired interior door ready for use, the correct and high-quality installation of such doors - is not a matter of one day. On the other hand, the long building does not indicate the workers' professionalism.
Keep in mind that, first of all, after the delivery of the door, it should be left in the room where it will be installed for 2-3 days, or better for 5-7 days. This will allow the materials from which the door is made to "get used" to the temperature and humidity of the room. It is vital for solid wood door panels. It is better to put the door in the same position it will hang in the future - upright and not to put the leaf on the side ribs.
When installing the masters as carefully as possible, dismantle the old door. It is imperative if the repair has been made recently. Then, after the necessary measurements are taken, the furniture is inserted into the door leaf: handle and lock.
Particular professionalism is needed when installing locks with the so-called magnetic latch. In this case, it is necessary to make the required measurements accurately and carefully compare the door and the frame during installation. At the slightest error, the door will stop closing. Then made install the box itself, if necessary - Rear edges, on the TV and the door leaf mounted hinges. Then the door is hung on the hinges, and the box, with the help of struts adjusted to the size so that the interior door can open and close freely, but not by itself. After that, the gap between the wall and the box is filled with foam and left to dry. While the foam is drying (about a day), the door should be closed.
After the foam has dried, spacers are removed, and the door's functionality is rechecked. The installation is completed by fixing the door trim on the frame.
When buying interior doors, many people save money on various additional services provided by the company's masters. In this case, it is measuring, installation, or delivery question. As for the latter, having your vehicle of appropriate dimensions and a fair amount of accuracy, you can implement this point yourself. But the production of their works, requiring some knowledge and skills, is worth thinking about. Doors sellers often offer to make a measure for free. But installation generally will require monetary costs, but not consistently large. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options, paying attention to the sequence of actions in the case of doing it yourself.
Advantages of trusting professionals
- The installation will be carried out in a short time.
- Specialists use professional tools and consumables.
- Proper functioning and long life of the fittings are guaranteed.
- After the installation is completed, mandatory quality control is carried out.
Interior door installation depends on its design, the state of the opening, and the presence of additional elements. Professionals in the installation process are ready for surprises because they have extensive experience. An independent solution to suddenly arising problems will require much more time. And the main advantage of ordering the service from the company-seller is the preservation of warranty obligations. The company will not be held responsible for any damage to the product during unprofessional installation.
Difficulties of self-installation of the door
- It is paramount in this matter to have specific skills of a wide range - from possessing different tools to knowing the rules of working with materials.
- It is better if two people will carry out the installation. This minimizes the likelihood of frame warping, leading to improper use of the door or the inability to use it.
- Handling hardware requires knowledge of designs and options for proper use. The master has information on all the modifications he works with, simplifying the process. Unprofessional installation does not exclude the improper use of the product, which will lead to its rapid failure.
- If the work performed by their forces will have to be remade by specialists, it will cost the owner much more than the installation from scratch. After all, this case will require disassembly. And it is fraught with damage to the finish of the walls around the opening.
- The greatest danger when working with doors and frames can be their size. The unprofessional craftsman can get a trivial injury with inattentive and improper handling.
Stages of installation by your forces
- Unpacking. Carefully inspect the packaging. It may contain installation instructions or precautions for work. Do not remove the protective film from the product, protecting it from damage during installation.
- They are assembling the door frame. All its elements, even those that are not fixed, should participate in the curvature check. Grooves with a stepped meshing are used for a connection. The components are nailed to each other on a wooden substrate, and the surface is protected by a soft cloth, folded in several layers.
- You must use a screwdriver or drill with an appropriately sized bit to bind.
- The bottom of the doorway and the floor surface must be aligned with each other. To do this, you may need an end saw on the concrete. If there is a depression in this place, you must fill it with a unique adhesive mixture.
- Before installing the box, holes are drilled in the opening for dowels or staples, which are used to fasten the structure.
- The alignment of the frame excludes the use of paper inserts or wooden supports from below. They can be used only on the sides.
- If there are gaps, they should be sealed with assembly foam. After it dries, the excess is removed with a letter opener flush with the surface.
- Next, the two components of the hinges are attached to the frame and the leaf. This is a very responsible part - here is the most crucial exact marking. If everything is done correctly, after hanging, the sash will open and close smoothly and evenly go into the box.
How to choose a door?
You need to pay attention to several things when choosing an entrance design.
- Place of installation. This critical factor will help you find a model with a suitable finish. Metal entrance doors for a private house or cottage should be resistant to moisture, dust, frost, snow, and other vagaries of nature. At the same time, the version for apartments additionally protects the entrance.
- Insulation material. It is vital to ensure that the construction will not freeze and let in cold air from the outside. One of the best options for harsh Russian winters is a high-density basalt board, which prevents the penetration of the cold and provides excellent sound insulation.
- Weight and appearance. You should ensure that the door will blend in with the house's exterior, the office's entrance, or the hall's design. In addition, it should have an anti-vandal coating - it is imperative if small children and pets live in the house or apartment.
- The level of protection. This parameter includes several characteristics - the frame's features, the thickness of the metal from which the base is made, the number of layers in the leaf and stiffening ribs, and the model and parameters of locking mechanisms.
These are just the fundamental specifications to consider when choosing a front door. On our website, you can read detailed information about the products and find the option that perfectly meets any requirements. In addition, the catalog cards indicate the main characteristics - material and color of exterior and interior finishes, width and height, the thickness of the door leaf, and the presence and features of primary and additional locks.
Interior doors are the same interior element as interior finishing and furnishing items. They provide a comfortable environment for occupants, create and protect their personal space, as well as decorate the rooms of our homes and apartments.
Choosing a successful door is only the first step in furnishing doorways. For them to serve you faithfully for many years, the proper installation of interior doors is crucial.
It is best when professionals do this, but some of us prefer independent door installation. If you have the time, the desire, the skills, and the ability to handle tools, you will cope with this task yourself.
Installing interior doors with your hands is unlikely to bring significant financial gain. On the contrary, the house owner will be proud that he did everything in his place by himself and will feel like a jack of all trades.
Male ambition is the primary motive for installing an interior door with a box. It is pretty tricky but quite doable work for a man who knows how to handle the usual tools.
The practical answer to properly installing an interior door with a box begins with the preparation of the doorway.
Replacing an existing door is relatively easy because the opening is already ready, and you will only have to make a few adjustments. However, the following rules should be followed when creating a new doorway:
- the geometry and dimensions of the opening are checked and measured at two vertical and three horizontal points;
- the recommended clearance along the contours of the opening and the door frame is 30-45 mm vertically and 40-50 mm horizontally;
- Before installing the door, the primary finish of the walls and floors must be completed - plastering and laying of the subfloor;
- the size of the gap at the bottom of the door should also take into account the thickness of the finish flooring, such as parquet or laminate;
- It is desirable to install wooden bars in the wall openings made of concrete, which will significantly facilitate mounting the door frame.
For clarity, here is an example of matching doors to the opening. For a door 210 cm high and 90 cm wide, the dimensions of the introduction should be in the range of 216-219 and 98-100 cm, respectively.
When working with openings, remember to comply with the requirements for electrical wiring, which can not be closer than 10 cm from the contour of the door frame. Switches and sockets must be installed with these regulations, often placed near the door. Wasting time and effort to achieve the perfect condition of the doorway is not worth it, but doing the work after the sleeves should not be either.
However, installing a new interior door is not every day or year, so you should not spare the money. As a reminder, a mandatory door kit includes:
- door frame;
- door leaf;
Depending on the installation conditions, you may need the extensions, which are consistently purchased separately. In addition, door fittings (locks, latches, hinges, handles, etc.) may be included, but they are often also purchased separately.
When choosing doors, in addition to aesthetic considerations, should take into account the purpose of the rooms they share and some other circumstances:
- For bathrooms, doors made of moisture-resistant materials are preferred;
- For installation between the hallway and the hall, it is worth looking at glazed models;
- in bedrooms, it is better to install doors with increased soundproofing;
- the coating of kitchen doors should be able to withstand maintenance with the use of household chemicals;
- For wide openings, it is more practical to use double-leaf doors, as a single large leaf will require a lot of space for movement.
Choosing doors with a telescopic frame and moldings is preferable for ease of installation.
They will cost you a little more, but telescopic doors are worth their money. From this picture, you can better appreciate their advantages:
- Due to the mobility of the box parts, it is easy to fit almost any wall thickness;
- the adjustment is performed without the use of saws and other tools;
- telescopic molding allows you to hide even significant mistakes made during the construction of the door opening.
If you are going to install an interior door with a frame in an opening more than 13 cm deep, choose a telescopic model.
You will need tools to install an interior door with your own hands. Some are available in almost every home, but you must buy or rent many things. A minimum set of tools for installing a door can be made up from a collection of items presented here:
- a drill or a rotary hammer;
- a group of drill bits for wood and more robust materials (brick, concrete, metal);
- accessories for checking and measuring: tape measure, ruler, angle, plumb line, water level, angle piece;
- a hacksaw and a plane for cutting wooden parts at precise angles;
- a set of chisels or drill bits for routing hinges and locks;
- screwdrivers or a screwdriver;
- wedges and spacers to fix the box in the doorway, etc.
Installation of interior doors by specialists costs about 10% of the cost of the products. So you can accurately assess whether it is worth taking on this work yourself, especially given the purchase of tools. Especially since, in the case of failure, no one will compensate you for the losses. Everything is on you.
The video's step-by-step instructions for installing interior doors look simple enough. However, please note that these instructions are given by experienced craftsmen and assume the use of professional tools. In practice, installing the door with your own hands is much more difficult. The main factor in this is the lack of or experience in performing such work.
Stage-by-stage assembly and installation of the door include some operations that can be carried out in parallel and strict sequence. Everything begins with the marking of the frame for installation in the opening. This door part can have two designs - a closed (full) contour (box with threshold) and U-shaped. However, when assembling a U-shaped frame, a temporary lintel must be used to close the outline for the duration of the work.
Assembly of the box can be done in the following ways:
- butt joint at right angles;
- butt at an angle of 45 degrees - the method of "baguette;
After fitting the door frame to the opening and checking its geometry, you can move on to the next stage of door assembly - marking places for the installation of fittings. To do this, the assembled frame is placed on the floor, put the leaf in it, considering the gaps around the contour, and mark the places for the hinges and lock.
The lock is placed at 900 - 1 000 mm from the bottom edge of the door leaf. The hinges are installed at a distance of 200 - 250 mm from the upper and lower edge of the door. Therefore, it is better to double-check the marking several times. If you make it wrong, it will be challenging to eliminate the consequences of these mistakes.
The most challenging part of the question of how to install an interior door is the procedure of mortising the lock. It will require from you the utmost accuracy. The sequence of operations for marking and mortising the mechanism using a drill and chisel is shown in the following picture.
For a better understanding of the lock mortise procedure, we will give some comments on this figure:
- It is convenient to start marking for the lock from the mechanism box, for which it is enough to draw its contour;
- The walls of the lock cavity must have the same thickness;
- For drilling out the recess, you can use spiral and feather drills, the diameter or cross-section of which should match the thickness of the box mechanism;
- After the drilling of the recess, mark the support bar of the lock by tracing it on the contour;
- The support strip should be set flush with the surface of the door leaf;
- After that, the marking for the handles and the lock cylinder is made, and the holes for them are drilled with a feather drill or drill bit;
- When the lock is in place, put the locking bar of the mechanism with the holes for the bolt and the latch in the adjoining part of the door frame;
- The locking bar is also installed flush with the surface of the frame.
A router will make it easier to cut the lock. This tool will replace your drill and chisel. In parallel with the mortise, you can install door hinges.
If you can cope with installing mortise locks and latches, then further work on the structure of interior doors will not be a problem for you. The main thing is not to rest on your laurels and remember that the installation of interior doors does not end with the mortise lock.
Use classic hinges, overhead butterfly hinges, and furniture-type hinges for interior doors. The last two types of hinges are non-separable. In practice, traditional hinged hardware is most often preferred. Such hinges allow you to remove the canvas easily if necessary. Their installation is performed in the following sequence:
- In the designated places on the leaf and the box, the markings for the hinges are made, for which they are simply traced on the contour;
- The thickness of the hinges is notched with a router or chisel to the markings;
- The hinges must be installed flush with the surfaces of the frame and leaf.
When marking and installing the hinges, you must be careful not to mix up the bottom and top, right and left sides. When all the parts of the door set are in place, it is time to assemble the door in its final form and put it in the opening. One last time, ensure that the door lying on the floor is completed correctly. Check the operation of the lock, the clearances, and the movement of the leaf.
Installation of the door in the opening is performed in parts. But, first, mount the box. To do this, the following steps are performed in this order:
- The door frame is fixed in the opening with distance wedges;
- Use a water level and an angle to check its geometry and correct spatial position;
- Use a wood drill to make holes in the frame where it is attached to the opening. At the same time mark points for installing anchors;
- Remove the box. Then drill holes with a larger diameter for anchors;
- After the anchors have been installed, put the box in place and make its final fixing in the opening;
- Hang the leaf and once again check the serviceability of the door elements (lock, latch), mobility of the hinges, and the correct adjacency of the leaf to the frame;
- Remove the leaf and prepare the frame for filling the gaps between it and the contour of the opening with assembly foam.
Preparation of the door frame is to install spacers inside it. These can be factory-made products or ordinary wooden bars of the right length.
The need to use spacers is because the assembly foam during curing significantly increases in volume. However, this leads to additional load on the structure and can violate the geometry of the door frame with all the ensuing consequences. Therefore, in addition to installing spacers, it is recommended to fill the gaps with foam about one-third of their volume.
It takes a day for the installation foam to cure completely, after which the spacers are removed, and the final stage of installation begins. In particular, after the installation of interior doors, finish the opening. This applies to the structure of casings and the elimination of minor defects. The latter often arise in the process of essential work.
The marking of the casing according to the sizes is made according to the already arranged opening. Framing parts are connected by the "baguette" method at 45 degrees. Installation of the architraves completes the process of interior door installation. The new construction would serve you for decades if everything were done correctly.
Even the most detailed step-by-step instructions on installing interior doors with your own hands are unlikely to be able to take into account all the nuances of this process. So here we will give some general recommendations on the installation of door systems, which will save you from annoying accidents and troubles:
- Do not remove the protective film from the door components until the work is complete;
- For all connections on self-tapping screws, first, drill holes with a smaller diameter and only then screw in the fasteners without using excessive force;
- do not use poorly sharpened tools; otherwise, there is a high risk of damage to the door, including non-repairable;
- be particularly careful when drilling and selecting thin-walled recesses for mortise locks;
- Remember to measure seven times before you cut or drill once;
- Do not spare money for quality fasteners; penny savings can become serious problems.
Let us also remind you that installing an interior door with a frame is much more complex than an assistant. It is highly desirable to have two pairs of hands and eyes for some operations. For example - when installing the frame in the opening, check its geometry and position when hanging a heavy or glazed leaf.
We hope that we have given some answers to the question of how to install the frame of an interior door with their own hands. If you wish, you can find videos and other materials on this subject on the Internet. Perhaps you have your own successful experience installing doors, which you are ready to share with the guests of our site.
Offer your step-by-step algorithm for installing the interior door yourself quickly, reliably, and without unnecessary costs. However, if you are not confident in your abilities and capabilities, do not take up the matter yourself. Instead, invite specialists who, for a very reasonable fee, will adequately install the interior door.